Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Bowie State University

Find Schools Near

Education at Bowie State University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how Bowie State University ranks in comparison to other schools with education programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at Bowie State University

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education
  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

Bowie State University Education Rankings

The education major at Bowie State University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Education. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Education Graduates 278
Most Popular Colleges for Education 952
Most Focused Colleges for Education 1,112

Popularity of Education at Bowie State University

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Bowie State University handed out 30 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #952 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 88% over the previous year when 16 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 33 students received their master’s degree in education from Bowie State University. This makes it the #746 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 4 students received their doctoral degrees in education in 2018, making the school the #409 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Diversity at Bowie State University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Bowie State University.

Bowie State University Education Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 30 students earned a bachelor's degree in education from Bowie State University. About 93% of these graduates were women and the other 7% were men.

Bowie State University Gender Breakdown of Education Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 60% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Bowie State University with a bachelor's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Bowie State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 18
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

Bowie State University Education Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 33 students earned a master's degree in education from Bowie State University. About 88% of these graduates were women and the other 12% were men.

Bowie State University Gender Breakdown of Education Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the master's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 67% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Bowie State University with a master's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Bowie State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 22
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 3

Areas of Concentration for Education

Education students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Grade Specific 36
Student Counseling 10
Teacher Education Subject Specific 8
Educational Administration 7
Special Education 6

Majors Similar to Education

Related Major Annual Graduates
Psychology 97
Social Sciences 39
Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 32
Communication & Journalism 21
History 18

View All Education Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You