Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

English Language & Literature at DePauw University

Find Schools Near

English Language & Literature at DePauw University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. Also, learn how DePauw ranks among other schools offering degrees in English language and literature.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

English Language & Literature Degrees Available at DePauw

  • Bachelor’s Degree in English Language & Literature

DePauw English Language & Literature Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for English language and literature majors, DePauw came in at #10. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Indiana.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for English Language & Literature 10
Best Value Colleges for English Language & Literature 19
Best English Language & Literature Colleges for Veterans 40
Most Focused Colleges for English Language & Literature 42
Highest Paid English Language & Literature Graduates 97
Most Popular Colleges for English Language & Literature 230

Popularity of English Language & Literature at DePauw

During the 2017-2018 academic year, DePauw University handed out 48 bachelor's degrees in English language and literature. Due to this, the school was ranked #230 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 13% over the previous year when 55 degrees were handed out.

DePauw English Language & Literature Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the English language and literature majors at DePauw University.

DePauw English Language & Literature Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 48 students earned a bachelor's degree in English language and literature from DePauw. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men.

DePauw Gender Breakdown of English Language & Literature Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at DePauw are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 75% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from DePauw University with a bachelor's in English language and literature.

Ethnic Diversity of English Language & Literature Majors at DePauw University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 36
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 9

Areas of Concentration for English Language & Literature

English Language and Literature students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Writing Studies 37
General English Literature 11

Related Major Annual Graduates
Visual & Performing Arts 50
Foreign Languages & Linguistics 28
Philosophy & Religious Studies 22

View All English Language & Literature Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You