Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Jacksonville State University

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Jacksonville State University

The General Biology major is part of the biological & biomedical sciences program at Jacksonville State University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how Jacksonville State University ranks among other schools offering degrees in biology.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at Jacksonville State University

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
  • Master’s Degree in Biology

Jacksonville State University Biology Rankings

The bachelor's program at Jacksonville State University was ranked #762 on College Factual's Best Schools for biology list. It is also ranked #12 in Alabama.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Biology Colleges for Veterans 487
Best General Biology Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 571
Most Focused Colleges for General Biology 740
Highest Paid General Biology Graduates 784

Popularity of Biology at Jacksonville State University

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Jacksonville State University handed out 52 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #403 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 9% over the previous year when 57 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 12 students received their master’s degree in biology from Jacksonville State University. This makes it the #117 most popular school for biology master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Biology Graduates from Jacksonville State University Make?

Salary of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Jacksonville State University is $22,800. This is less than $27,600, which is the national median of all biology majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from Jacksonville State University Have?

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Jacksonville State University, biology students borrow a median amount of $21,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all biology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,715.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at Jacksonville State University is $223 per month.

Jacksonville State University Biology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Jacksonville State University.

Jacksonville State University General Biology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 52 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from Jacksonville State University. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men.

Jacksonville State University Gender Breakdown of General Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 71% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Jacksonville State University with a bachelor's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at Jacksonville State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 37
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 3

Jacksonville State University General Biology Master’s Program

Of the 12 students who earned a master's degree in General Biology from Jacksonville State University in 2017-2018, 25% were men and 75% were women.

Jacksonville State University Gender Breakdown of General Biology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Jacksonville State University with a master's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at Jacksonville State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Biology

General Biology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Biology Studies 64

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You