Natural Resources Conservation at University of Wyoming

Natural Resources Conservation at University of Wyoming

The Natural Resources Conservation major is part of the natural resources & conservation program at University of Wyoming.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UW ranks in comparison to other schools with conservation programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Natural Resources Conservation Degrees Available at UW

UW Conservation Rankings

The bachelor's program at UW was ranked #184 on College Factual's Best Schools for conservation list. It is also ranked #1 in Wyoming.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Natural Resources Conservation 21
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Natural Resources Conservation 30
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Natural Resources Conservation 47
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Natural Resources Conservation 47
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Natural Resources Conservation 60
Best Natural Resources Conservation Master’s Degree Schools 89
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Natural Resources Conservation 131
Best Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Degree Schools 162

Popularity of Conservation at UW

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Wyoming handed out 70 bachelor's degrees in natural resources conservation. Due to this, the school was ranked #51 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 75% over the previous year when 40 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 23 students received their master’s degree in conservation from UW. This makes it the #27 most popular school for conservation master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Conservation Graduates from UW Make?

Salary of Conservation Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Conservation majors who earn their bachelor's degree from UW go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $26,500 a year. This is less than $29,950, which is the national median of all conservation majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Conservation Graduates from UW Have?

Student Debt of Conservation Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UW, conservation students borrow a median amount of $26,955 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $22,257 for all conservation majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the conservation program at UW is $280 per month.

Conservation Student Diversity at UW

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the conservation majors at University of Wyoming.

UW Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Program

Of the 70 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in conservation from UW in 2020, 36% were men and 64% were women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 63% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Wyoming with a bachelor's in conservation.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 44
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 16

UW Natural Resources Conservation Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 13 students earned a master's degree in conservation from UW. About 62% of these graduates were women and the other 38% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 54% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Wyoming with a master's in conservation.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 4

Related Major Annual Graduates
Natural Resource Management 8

View All Natural Resources Conservation Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You