2021 Best Colleges for Statistics in Minnesota
Statistics is a popular major and Minnesota is the 12th most popular state for students studying this major. 219 of the 8,658 Statistics degrees awarded last year were given by colleges in Minnesota. With so many options it can be a challenge finding the right fit. This year's Best Colleges for Statistics in Minnesota ranking analyzed 2 colleges and universities that offer a bachelor's degree in statistics. We look at over 20 factors to determine the top 0 colleges for Statistics students in Minnesota.
Choosing a Great Statistics School
The stats program you select can have a big impact on your future. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
A Great Overall School
A school that excels in educating for a particular major must be a great school overall as well. To make it into this list a school must rank well in our overall Best Colleges ranking. This ranking considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings and other educational resources to identify great colleges and universities.
Above Average Earnings After Graduation
Statistics graduates from schools on this list tend to earn more after college than those from other schools. Recent statistics graduates from Minnesota colleges with a bachelors degree earned an average of $49,450 in 2017-2018.
Other Factors We Consider
In addition to the above, you should consider some of the following factors:
- Major Focus - How much a school focuses on Statistics students vs. other majors.
- Major Popularity - How many other statistics students choose this school.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or a recognized statistics related accrediting body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for Statistics students in Minnesota.
Best Schools to Study Statistics in Minnesota
Best Stats Colleges in Minnesota
Every student who is interested in statistics needs to check out University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. UMN Twin Cities is a very large public school located in the large city of Minneapolis.
Soon after graduating, stats students typically make around $48,300 in the first five years of their career.More… Request Information
University of Minnesota - Duluth is among your best bets if you want to study statistics. UMN Duluth is a large public school located in the small city of Duluth.
Graduates of the stats program state that they receive average early career earnings of $50,600.More… Request Information
Best Statistics Colleges in the The Plains States Region
Explore all the Best Statistics Schools in the The Plains States Area or other specific states within that region.
Statistics Related Rankings by Major
One of 3 majors within the Mathematics & Statistics area of study, Statistics has other similar majors worth exploring.
Most Popular Majors Related to Stats
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to QWFP. More about our data sources and methodologies.