Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Social Sciences at Alma College

Find Schools Near

Social Sciences at Alma College

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how Alma ranks in comparison to other schools with social sciences programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Social Sciences Degrees Available at Alma

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences

Alma Social Sciences Rankings

The social sciences major at Alma is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Social Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Social Sciences 459
Most Popular Colleges for Social Sciences 867

Popularity of Social Sciences at Alma

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Alma College handed out 28 bachelor's degrees in social sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #867 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 12% over the previous year when 32 degrees were handed out.

Social Sciences Student Diversity at Alma

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social sciences majors at Alma College.

Alma Social Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 28 students earned a bachelor's degree in social sciences from Alma. About 61% of these graduates were women and the other 39% were men.

Alma Gender Breakdown of Social Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 64% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Alma College with a bachelor's in social sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Social Sciences Majors at Alma College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 18
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 2

Social Sciences Majors

Social Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Political Science & Government 11
Sociology 8
Economics 6
Anthropology 3

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 42
Communication & Journalism 28
Psychology 16
History 6

View All Social Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You