Computer & Information Sciences at Arizona State University - Tempe

Computer & Information Sciences at Arizona State University - Tempe

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. Also, learn how ASU - Tempe ranks among other schools offering degrees in computer and information sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at ASU - Tempe

ASU - Tempe Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at ASU - Tempe was ranked #214 on College Factual's Best Schools for computer and information sciences list. It is also ranked #3 in Arizona.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 11
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 15
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 26
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 76
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 83
Best Computer & Information Sciences Doctor’s Degree Schools 90
Best Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Degree Schools 101
Best Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 163
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 199
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 242
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 387
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 433

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at ASU - Tempe

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Arizona State University - Tempe handed out 706 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #19 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 17% over the previous year when 603 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 268 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from ASU - Tempe. This makes it the #46 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 25 students received their doctoral degrees in computer and information sciences in 2020, making the school the #23 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Diversity at ASU - Tempe

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Arizona State University - Tempe.

ASU - Tempe Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 706 students earned a bachelor's degree in computer and information sciences from ASU - Tempe. About 18% of these graduates were women and the other 82% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Arizona State University - Tempe with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 148
Black or African American 13
Hispanic or Latino 118
White 332
Non-Resident Aliens 74
Other Races 21

ASU - Tempe Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 385 computer and information sciences majors earned their master's degree from ASU - Tempe. Of these graduates, 77% were men and 23% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Arizona State University - Tempe with a master's in computer and information sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 22
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 16
Non-Resident Aliens 337
Other Races 2

Computer & Information Sciences Majors

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Computer Science 853
Computer Information Systems 170
Information Technology 81
Other Computer & Information Sciences 20

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering 2,582
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 1,271
Architecture & Related Services 356
Mathematics & Statistics 335
Physical Sciences 250

View All Computer & Information Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You