Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Animal Science at Auburn University

Find Schools Near

Animal Science at Auburn University

Animal Science is one of the majors in the agriculture & agriculture operations program at Auburn University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how Auburn ranks among other schools offering degrees in animal science.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Animal Science Degrees Available at Auburn

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science
  • Master’s Degree in Animal Science
  • Doctorate Degree in Animal Science

Auburn Animal Science Rankings

Auburn is in the top 10% of the country for animal science. More specifically it was ranked #6 out of 66 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #1 in Alabama.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Animal Science Graduates 3
Best Colleges for Animal Science 6
Most Popular Colleges for Animal Science 23
Best Value Colleges for Animal Science 32
Most Focused Colleges for Animal Science 46

Popularity of Animal Science at Auburn

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Auburn University handed out 103 bachelor's degrees in animal science. Due to this, the school was ranked #23 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 6% over the previous year when 97 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 12 students received their master’s degree in animal science from Auburn. This makes it the #12 most popular school for animal science master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 4 students received their doctoral degrees in animal science in 2019, making the school the #21 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Animal Science Graduates from Auburn Make?

Salary of Animal Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of animal science students who receive their bachelor's degree at Auburn is $36,400. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $28,400 for all animal science bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Animal Science Graduates from Auburn Have?

Student Debt of Animal Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Auburn, animal science students borrow a median amount of $21,500 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $20,685 for all animal science majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the animal science program at Auburn is $223 per month.

Animal Science Student Diversity at Auburn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the animal science majors at Auburn University.

Auburn Animal Science Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 103 students earned a bachelor's degree in animal science from Auburn. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men.

Auburn Gender Breakdown of Animal Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Auburn are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 83% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor's in animal science.

Ethnic Diversity of Animal Science Majors at Auburn University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 86
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Auburn Animal Science Master’s Program

Of the 12 students who earned a master's degree in Animal Science from Auburn in 2018-2019, 17% were men and 83% were women.

Auburn Gender Breakdown of Animal Science Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Auburn are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 83% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Auburn University with a master's in animal science.

Ethnic Diversity of Animal Science Majors at Auburn University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to Animal Science

Related Major Annual Graduates
Plant Sciences 77
Agricultural Economics & Business 63
Agricultural Production 43
General Agriculture 15
Food Science Technology 1

View All Animal Science Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You