Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Physiology & Pathology Sciences at Auburn University

Find Schools Near

Physiology & Pathology Sciences at Auburn University

The Physiology & Pathology Sciences major is part of the biological & biomedical sciences program at Auburn University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how Auburn ranks in comparison to other schools with physiology programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Physiology & Pathology Sciences Degrees Available at Auburn

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Physiology
  • Master’s Degree in Physiology
  • Doctorate Degree in Physiology

Auburn Physiology Rankings

The physiology major at Auburn is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Physiology & Pathology Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Physiology & Pathology Sciences 10

Popularity of Physiology at Auburn

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Auburn University handed out 214 bachelor's degrees in physiology and pathology sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #10 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 10% over the previous year when 195 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 52 students received their master’s degree in physiology from Auburn. This makes it the #4 most popular school for physiology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 10 students received their doctoral degrees in physiology in 2018, making the school the #19 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Student Debt Do Physiology Graduates from Auburn Have?

Student Debt of Physiology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Auburn, physiology students borrow a median amount of $21,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all physiology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,250.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the physiology program at Auburn is $218 per month.

Physiology Student Diversity at Auburn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the physiology majors at Auburn University.

Auburn Physiology & Pathology Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 214 students earned a bachelor's degree in physiology from Auburn. About 64% of these graduates were women and the other 36% were men.

Auburn Gender Breakdown of Physiology & Pathology Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Auburn are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 87% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor's in physiology.

Ethnic Diversity of Physiology & Pathology Sciences Majors at Auburn University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 18
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 187
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 3

Auburn Physiology & Pathology Sciences Master’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 52% of physiology master's degrees went to men and 48% went to women.

Auburn Gender Breakdown of Physiology & Pathology Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Auburn are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 63% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Auburn University with a master's in physiology.

Ethnic Diversity of Physiology & Pathology Sciences Majors at Auburn University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 33
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 5

Areas of Concentration for Physiology

Physiology and Pathology Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Exercise Physiology 276

Majors Similar to Physiology

Related Major Annual Graduates
General Biology 341
Microbiological Sciences & Immunology 31
Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology 5

View All Physiology & Pathology Sciences Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You