Anthropology at Auburn Universitysocial sciences program at Auburn University.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Auburn ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in anthropology.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Anthropology Degrees Available at Auburn
- Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology
Auburn Anthropology Rankings
The anthropology major at Auburn is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Anthropology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.
|Highest Paid Anthropology Graduates||191|
|Most Popular Colleges for Anthropology||299|
Popularity of Anthropology at Auburn
During the 2017-2018 academic year, Auburn University handed out 9 bachelor's degrees in anthropology. Due to this, the school was ranked #299 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 12% over the previous year when 8 degrees were handed out.
Anthropology Student Diversity at Auburn
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at Auburn University.
Auburn Anthropology Bachelor’s Program
The anthropology program at Auburn awarded 9 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 67% of these degrees went to men with the other 33% going to women.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Auburn are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 89% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor's in anthropology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||0|
Areas of Concentration for Anthropology
Anthropology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
Majors Similar to Anthropology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Political Science & Government||93|
|Geography & Cartography||14|
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- Image Credit: By Robert S. Donovan under License
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|