Music at Ball State University

Music at Ball State University

The Music major is part of the visual & performing arts program at Ball State University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Ball State ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in music.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Music Degrees Available at Ball State

Ball State Music Rankings

The bachelor's program at Ball State was ranked #297 on College Factual's Best Schools for music list. It is also ranked #7 in Indiana.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Music 37
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Music 39
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Music 44
Best Music Doctor’s Degree Schools 66
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Music 170
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Music 186
Best Music Master’s Degree Schools 204
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Music 225
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Music 242
Best Music Bachelor’s Degree Schools 253
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Music 256
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Music 784

Popularity of Music at Ball State

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Ball State University handed out 19 bachelor's degrees in music. Due to this, the school was ranked #166 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 73% over the previous year when 11 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 17 students received their master’s degree in music from Ball State. This makes it the #104 most popular school for music master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 7 students received their doctoral degrees in music in 2020, making the school the #55 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Music Graduates from Ball State Make?

Salary of Music Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Music majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Ball State go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $30,800 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $22,900 for all music bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Music Graduates from Ball State Have?

Student Debt of Music Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Ball State, music students borrow a median amount of $24,151 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all music bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,500.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the music program at Ball State is $251 per month.

Music Student Diversity at Ball State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the music majors at Ball State University.

Ball State Music Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 19 students earned a bachelor's degree in music from Ball State. About 47% of these graduates were women and the other 53% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Ball State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 84% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ball State University with a bachelor's in music.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 16
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

Ball State Music Master’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 8 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in music from Ball State. About 88% were men and 13% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ball State University with a master's in music.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 4
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Fine & Studio Arts 109
Drama & Theater Arts 72
Design & Applied Arts 42
Dance 13

View All Music Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You