Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Boise State University

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Boise State University

The General Biology major is part of the biological & biomedical sciences program at Boise State University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. Also, learn how Boise State ranks among other schools offering degrees in biology.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at Boise State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
  • Master’s Degree in Biology

Boise State Biology Rankings

The bachelor's program at Boise State was ranked #463 on College Factual's Best Schools for biology list. It is also ranked #2 in Idaho.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for General Biology 169
Best General Biology Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 292
Best General Biology Colleges for Veterans 319
Highest Paid General Biology Graduates 414

Popularity of Biology at Boise State

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Boise State University handed out 132 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #169 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 2% over the previous year when 129 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 10 students received their master’s degree in biology from Boise State. This makes it the #156 most popular school for biology master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Biology Graduates from Boise State Make?

Salary of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Boise State is $26,200. This is less than $27,600, which is the national median of all biology majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from Boise State Have?

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Boise State, biology students borrow a median amount of $21,969 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all biology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,715.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at Boise State is $228 per month.

Biology Student Diversity at Boise State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Boise State University.

Boise State General Biology Bachelor’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 132 biology majors earned their bachelor's degree from Boise State. Of these graduates, 35% were men and 65% were women.

Boise State Gender Breakdown of General Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 77% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boise State University with a bachelor's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at Boise State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 101
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 10

Boise State General Biology Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 10 students earned a master's degree in biology from Boise State. About 20% of these graduates were women and the other 80% were men.

Boise State Gender Breakdown of General Biology Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Boise State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 90% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boise State University with a master's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at Boise State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 9
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 6
Zoology 2

View All General Biology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You