Neurobiology & Neurosciences at Boston College

Neurobiology & Neurosciences at Boston College

Neurobiology & Neurosciences is one of the majors in the biological & biomedical sciences program at Boston College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Boston College ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in neurobiology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Neurobiology & Neurosciences Degrees Available at Boston College

Boston College Neurobiology Rankings

The bachelor's program at Boston College was ranked #39 on College Factual's Best Schools for neurobiology list. It is also ranked #6 in Massachusetts.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 14
Best Neurobiology & Neurosciences Master’s Degree Schools 14
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 26
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 29
Best Neurobiology & Neurosciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 35
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 82
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 115
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 115
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 164
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 184

Popularity of Neurobiology at Boston College

Due to this, the school was ranked #80 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree.

In 2020, 1 students received their master’s degree in neurobiology from Boston College. This makes it the #40 most popular school for neurobiology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 6 students received their doctoral degrees in neurobiology in 2020, making the school the #49 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Boston College Neurobiology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the neurobiology majors at Boston College.

Boston College Neurobiology & Neurosciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 31 students earned a bachelor's degree in neurobiology from Boston College. About 77% of these graduates were women and the other 23% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Boston College are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 61% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston College with a bachelor's in neurobiology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 19
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 3

Boston College Neurobiology & Neurosciences Master’s Program

All of the 3 students who graduated with a Master’s in neurobiology from Boston College in 2020 were women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 67% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Boston College with a master's in neurobiology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Majors Similar to Neurobiology

Related Major Annual Graduates
General Biology 218
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 47

View All Neurobiology & Neurosciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You