Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at Bowie State University

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at Bowie State University

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how Bowie State University ranks among other schools offering degrees in computer and information sciences.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at Bowie State University

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

Bowie State University Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

The computer and information sciences major at Bowie State University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer & Information Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Computer & Information Sciences Graduates 296
Most Focused Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 414
Most Popular Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 495

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at Bowie State University

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Bowie State University handed out 59 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #495 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 26% over the previous year when 47 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 12 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from Bowie State University. This makes it the #392 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 2 students received their doctoral degrees in computer and information sciences in 2019, making the school the #154 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Bowie State University Computer & Information Sciences Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Bowie State University.

Bowie State University Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 59 students earned a bachelor's degree in computer and information sciences from Bowie State University. About 20% of these graduates were women and the other 80% were men.

Bowie State University Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 80% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Bowie State University with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Bowie State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 47
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 6

Bowie State University Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 12 students earned a master's degree in computer and information sciences from Bowie State University. About 33% of these graduates were women and the other 67% were men.

Bowie State University Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Bowie State University with a master's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Bowie State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 1

Computer & Information Sciences Majors

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Other Computer & Information Sciences 48
Computer Information Systems 25

Related Major Annual Graduates
Communications Technologies & Support 113
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 55
Mathematics & Statistics 4

View All Computer & Information Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You