Psychology at Bowie State University
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Psychology Degrees Available at Bowie State University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
- Master’s Degree in Psychology
Bowie State University Psychology Rankings
Popularity of Psychology at Bowie State University
During the 2017-2018 academic year, Bowie State University handed out 74 bachelor's degrees in psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #460 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 1% over the previous year when 73 degrees were handed out.
In 2018, 20 students received their master’s degree in psychology from Bowie State University. This makes it the #347 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.
Psychology Student Diversity at Bowie State University
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Bowie State University.
Bowie State University Psychology Bachelor’s Program
Of the 74 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in psychology from Bowie State University in 2018, 7% were men and 93% were women.
The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 86% of grads fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Bowie State University with a bachelor's in psychology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||64|
|Hispanic or Latino||4|
Bowie State University Psychology Master’s Program
In the 2017-2018 academic year, 20 students earned a master's degree in psychology from Bowie State University. About 70% of these graduates were women and the other 30% were men.
The majority of the master's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 65% of grads fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Bowie State University with a master's in psychology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||13|
|Hispanic or Latino||3|
Areas of Concentration for Psychology
Psychology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
|Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology||23|
Most Popular Majors Related to Psychology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Family, Consumer & Human Sciences||32|
|Communication & Journalism||21|
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|