Social Work at Bowie State Universitypublic administration & social service program at Bowie State University.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how Bowie State University ranks among other schools offering degrees in social work.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Social Work Degrees Available at Bowie State University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
Bowie State University Social Work Rankings
The social work major at Bowie State University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Social Work. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.
|Most Focused Colleges for Social Work||103|
|Highest Paid Social Work Graduates||141|
|Most Popular Colleges for Social Work||177|
Popularity of Social Work at Bowie State University
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Bowie State University handed out 49 bachelor's degrees in social work. Due to this, the school was ranked #177 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 4% over the previous year when 47 degrees were handed out.
How Much Student Debt Do Social Work Graduates from Bowie State University Have?
Student Debt of Social Work Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Bowie State University, social work students borrow a median amount of $27,875 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $25,000 for all social work majors across the country.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the social work program at Bowie State University is $289 per month.
Social Work Student Diversity at Bowie State University
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social work majors at Bowie State University.
Bowie State University Social Work Bachelor’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 49 students earned a bachelor's degree in social work from Bowie State University. About 94% of these graduates were women and the other 6% were men.
The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 90% of grads fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Bowie State University with a bachelor's in social work.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||44|
|Hispanic or Latino||3|
Most Popular Majors Related to Social Work
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >