Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Music at Butler University

Find Schools Near

Music at Butler University

The Music major is part of the visual & performing arts program at Butler University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. Also, learn how Butler ranks among other schools offering degrees in music.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Music Degrees Available at Butler

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Music
  • Master’s Degree in Music

Butler Music Rankings

The music major at Butler is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Music. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Music 317
Most Focused Colleges for Music 317
Highest Paid Music Graduates 318

Popularity of Music at Butler

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Butler University handed out 16 bachelor's degrees in music. Due to this, the school was ranked #317 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 16% over the previous year when 19 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 17 students received their master’s degree in music from Butler. This makes it the #104 most popular school for music master’s degree candidates in the country.

Music Student Diversity at Butler

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the music majors at Butler University.

Butler Music Bachelor’s Program

Of the 16 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in music from Butler in 2019, 56% were men and 44% were women.

Butler Gender Breakdown of Music Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Butler are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 81% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Butler University with a bachelor's in music.

Ethnic Diversity of Music Majors at Butler University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 13
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Butler Music Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 17 students earned a master's degree in music from Butler. About 47% of these graduates were women and the other 53% were men.

Butler Gender Breakdown of Music Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 76% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Butler University with a master's in music.

Ethnic Diversity of Music Majors at Butler University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 13
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Arts & Media Management 20
Dance 7
Design & Applied Arts 5
Drama & Theater Arts 4

View All Music Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You