Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at California Institute of Technology

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at California Institute of Technology

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Caltech ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in computer and information sciences.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at Caltech

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

Caltech Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

The computer and information sciences major at Caltech is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer & Information Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Computer & Information Sciences Graduates 1
Most Focused Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 58
Most Popular Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 465

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at Caltech

During the 2018-2019 academic year, California Institute of Technology handed out 64 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #465 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 12% over the previous year when 57 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 1 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from Caltech. This makes it the #552 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 2 students received their doctoral degrees in computer and information sciences in 2019, making the school the #154 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Caltech Computer & Information Sciences Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at California Institute of Technology.

Caltech Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 64 students earned a bachelor's degree in computer and information sciences from Caltech. About 34% of these graduates were women and the other 66% were men.

Caltech Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the graduates for this major are Asian American. In the graduating class of 2019, 56% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at California Institute of Technology
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 36
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 16
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 4

Caltech Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

All of the 1 students who graduated with a Master’s in computer and information sciences from Caltech in 2019 were men.

Caltech Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Caltech are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 100% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California Institute of Technology with a master's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at California Institute of Technology
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Computer & Information Sciences Majors

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Computer Science 67

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering 250
Physical Sciences 184
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 43
Mathematics & Statistics 32

View All Computer & Information Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You