Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Mechanical Engineering at California Institute of Technology

Find Schools Near

Mechanical Engineering at California Institute of Technology

The Mechanical Engineering major is part of the engineering program at California Institute of Technology.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how Caltech ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in ME.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Mechanical Engineering Degrees Available at Caltech

  • Bachelor’s Degree in ME
  • Master’s Degree in ME
  • Doctorate Degree in ME

Caltech ME Rankings

The ME major at Caltech is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Mechanical Engineering. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 33
Most Popular Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 280

Popularity of ME at Caltech

During the 2018-2019 academic year, California Institute of Technology handed out 30 bachelor's degrees in mechanical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #280 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 58% over the previous year when 19 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 15 students received their master’s degree in ME from Caltech. This makes it the #144 most popular school for ME master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 6 students received their doctoral degrees in ME in 2019, making the school the #81 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

ME Student Diversity at Caltech

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the ME majors at California Institute of Technology.

Caltech Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 30 ME majors earned their bachelor's degree from Caltech. Of these graduates, 53% were men and 47% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in ME.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 12
Non-Resident Aliens 7
Other Races 1

Caltech Mechanical Engineering Master’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 15 students earned a master's degree in ME from Caltech. About 33% of these graduates were women and the other 67% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California Institute of Technology with a master's in ME.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Electrical Engineering 59
Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering 29
Materials Engineering 27
Chemical Engineering 26
Biomedical Engineering 24

View All Mechanical Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You