Social Sciences at California State University - Fresno
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Social Sciences Degrees Available at Fresno State
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences
Fresno State Social Sciences Rankings
Popularity of Social Sciences at Fresno State
During the 2018-2019 academic year, California State University - Fresno handed out 665 bachelor's degrees in social sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #56 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 0% over the previous year when 662 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 4 students received their master’s degree in social sciences from Fresno State. This makes it the #365 most popular school for social sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.
Fresno State Social Sciences Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social sciences majors at California State University - Fresno.
Fresno State Social Sciences Bachelor’s Program
The social sciences program at Fresno State awarded 665 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 39% of these degrees went to men with the other 61% going to women.
The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 66% of grads fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Fresno with a bachelor's in social sciences.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||16|
|Hispanic or Latino||442|
Fresno State Social Sciences Master’s Program
Of the 4 social sciences students who graduated with a master's degree in 2018-2019 from Fresno State, about 50% were men and 50% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Fresno with a master's in social sciences.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||2|
Social Sciences Majors
Social Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.
|Political Science & Government||51|
|Geography & Cartography||15|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Communication & Journalism||223|
|Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies||32|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online ... Learn More >
Grand Canyon University (GCU)
With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments ... Learn More >
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences ... Learn More >
Colorado Technical University (CTU)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, aculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology ... Learn More >