Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Administration & Social Service at California State University - Fresno

Find Schools Near

Public Administration & Social Service at California State University - Fresno

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how Fresno State ranks among other schools offering degrees in public administration and social service.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Public Administration & Social Service Degrees Available at Fresno State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration & Social Service
  • Master’s Degree in Public Administration & Social Service

Fresno State Public Administration & Social Service Rankings

The bachelor's program at Fresno State was ranked #223 on College Factual's Best Schools for public administration and social service list. It is also ranked #20 in California.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Public Administration & Social Service Colleges for Veterans 204
Best Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service 223
Most Focused Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service 458

Popularity of Public Administration & Social Service at Fresno State

During the 2017-2018 academic year, California State University - Fresno handed out 117 bachelor's degrees in public administration and social service. Due to this, the school was ranked #52 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 5% over the previous year when 123 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 74 students received their master’s degree in public administration and social service from Fresno State. This makes it the #189 most popular school for public administration and social service master’s degree candidates in the country.

Public Administration & Social Service Student Diversity at Fresno State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public administration and social service majors at California State University - Fresno.

Fresno State Public Administration & Social Service Bachelor’s Program

Of the 117 public administration and social service students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2017-2018 from Fresno State, about 14% were men and 86% were women.

Fresno State Gender Breakdown of Public Administration & Social Service Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 70% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Fresno with a bachelor's in public administration and social service.

Ethnic Diversity of Public Administration & Social Service Majors at California State University - Fresno
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 21
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 82
White 4
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 3

Fresno State Public Administration & Social Service Master’s Program

The public administration and social service program at Fresno State awarded 74 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 23% of these degrees went to men with the other 77% going to women.

Fresno State Gender Breakdown of Public Administration & Social Service Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Fresno with a master's in public administration and social service.

Ethnic Diversity of Public Administration & Social Service Majors at California State University - Fresno
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 37
White 16
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 6

Areas of Concentration for Public Administration & Social Service

Public Administration and Social Service students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Social Work 167
Public Administration 24

Majors Similar to Public Administration & Social Service

Related Major Annual Graduates
Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 333

View All Public Administration & Social Service Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You