Education at California State University - Fullerton

Education at California State University - Fullerton

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how Cal State Fullerton ranks among other schools offering degrees in education.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at Cal State Fullerton

Cal State Fullerton Education Rankings

Cal State Fullerton is in the top 10% of the country for education. More specifically it was ranked #79 out of 1,394 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #14 in California.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Education 12
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Education 43
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Education 44
Best Education Doctor’s Degree Schools 52
Best Education Bachelor’s Degree Schools 61
Best Education Master’s Degree Schools 63
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Education 69
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Education 83
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Education 127
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Education 339
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Education 575
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Education 636

Popularity of Education at Cal State Fullerton

During the 2019-2020 academic year, California State University - Fullerton handed out 518 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #19 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 2% over the previous year when 531 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 487 students received their master’s degree in education from Cal State Fullerton. This makes it the #40 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 28 students received their doctoral degrees in education in 2020, making the school the #144 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Cal State Fullerton Education Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at California State University - Fullerton.

Cal State Fullerton Education Bachelor’s Program

The education program at Cal State Fullerton awarded 518 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 7% of these degrees went to men with the other 93% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 54% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Fullerton with a bachelor's in education.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 68
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 278
White 112
Non-Resident Aliens 27
Other Races 32

Cal State Fullerton Education Master’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 461 education majors earned their master's degree from Cal State Fullerton. Of these graduates, 18% were men and 82% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Fullerton with a master's in education.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 64
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 142
White 190
Non-Resident Aliens 11
Other Races 46

Education Majors

Education students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Grade Specific 518
General Education 274
Instructional Media Design 151
Educational Administration 40
Student Counseling 36

Related Major Annual Graduates
Communication & Journalism 957
Psychology 752
Social Sciences 680
History 135
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 112

View All Education Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You