Education at California State University - Los Angeles
Jump to any of the following sections:
Education Degrees Available at California State University - Los Angeles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Master’s Degree in Education
- Doctorate Degree in Education
California State University - Los Angeles Education Rankings
|Best Education Colleges for Non-Traditional Students||128|
|Best Education Colleges for Veterans||136|
Popularity of Education at California State University - Los Angeles
During the 2017-2018 academic year, California State University - Los Angeles handed out 263 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #74 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 4% over the previous year when 254 degrees were handed out.
In 2018, 316 students received their master’s degree in education from California State University - Los Angeles. This makes it the #95 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 12 students received their doctoral degrees in education in 2018, making the school the #288 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
California State University - Los Angeles Education Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at California State University - Los Angeles.
California State University - Los Angeles Education Bachelor’s Program
The education program at California State University - Los Angeles awarded 263 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 11% of these degrees went to men with the other 89% going to women.
The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 71% of grads fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Los Angeles with a bachelor's in education.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||6|
|Hispanic or Latino||186|
California State University - Los Angeles Education Master’s Program
In the 2017-2018 academic year, 316 students earned a master's degree in education from California State University - Los Angeles. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from California State University - Los Angeles with a master's in education.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||19|
|Hispanic or Latino||150|
Areas of Concentration for Education
Education students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
|Teacher Education Grade Specific||248|
|Teacher Education Subject Specific||69|
|Teaching English or French||9|
Most Popular Majors Related to Education
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Communication & Journalism||440|
|Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies||39|
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|