Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at Canisius College

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at Canisius College

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. Also, learn how Canisius ranks among other schools offering degrees in communication and journalism.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at Canisius

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism
  • Master’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

Canisius Communication & Journalism Rankings

The bachelor's program at Canisius was ranked #210 on College Factual's Best Schools for communication and journalism list. It is also ranked #26 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Communication & Journalism 64
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 204
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Veterans 287

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at Canisius

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Canisius College handed out 67 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #375 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 2% over the previous year when 66 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 7 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from Canisius. This makes it the #255 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.

Canisius Communication & Journalism Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Canisius College.

Canisius Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 49% of communication and journalism bachelor's degrees went to men and 51% went to women.

Canisius Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Canisius are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 72% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Canisius College with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Canisius College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 48
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 0

Canisius Communication & Journalism Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 7 students earned a master's degree in communication and journalism from Canisius. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men.

Canisius Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Canisius College with a master's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Canisius College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Communication & Journalism

Communication and Journalism students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Communication & Media Studies 48
Radio, Television & Digital Communication 17
Journalism 9

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 284
Social Sciences 88
Psychology 71
History 6
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 3

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You