Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Catholic University of America

Find Schools Near

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at Catholic University of America

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how CUA ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in biological and biomedical sciences.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Degrees Available at CUA

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Biological & Biomedical Sciences

CUA Biological & Biomedical Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at CUA was ranked #384 on College Factual's Best Schools for biological and biomedical sciences list. It is also ranked #5 in District of Columbia.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 384
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Colleges for Veterans 464
Most Popular Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 1,114
Most Focused Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 1,304

Popularity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences at CUA

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Catholic University of America handed out 19 bachelor's degrees in biological and biomedical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #1114 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 27% over the previous year when 15 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 9 students received their master’s degree in biological and biomedical sciences from CUA. This makes it the #329 most popular school for biological and biomedical sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 2 students received their doctoral degrees in biological and biomedical sciences in 2018, making the school the #253 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

CUA Biological & Biomedical Sciences Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biological and biomedical sciences majors at Catholic University of America.

CUA Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

The biological and biomedical sciences program at CUA awarded 19 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 21% of these degrees went to men with the other 79% going to women.

CUA Gender Breakdown of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at CUA are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 68% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Catholic University of America with a bachelor's in biological and biomedical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors at Catholic University of America
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 13
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

CUA Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master’s Program

All of the 9 students who graduated with a Master’s in biological and biomedical sciences from CUA in 2018 were women.

CUA Gender Breakdown of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Catholic University of America with a master's in biological and biomedical sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors at Catholic University of America
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 9
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Biological & Biomedical Sciences

Biological and Biomedical Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
General Biology 16
Biotechnology 7
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 4
Cell Biology & Anatomical Sciences 3

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering 162
Architecture & Related Services 64
Physical Sciences 28
Computer & Information Sciences 17
Engineering Technologies 17

View All Biological & Biomedical Sciences Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You