Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Catholic University of America

Find Schools Near

History at Catholic University of America

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how CUA ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in history.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

History Degrees Available at CUA

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History
  • Master’s Degree in History
  • Doctorate Degree in History

CUA History Rankings

The bachelor's program at CUA was ranked #113 on College Factual's Best Schools for history list. It is also ranked #4 in District of Columbia.

Ranking Type Rank
Best History Colleges for Veterans 66
Best Colleges for History 113
Most Popular Colleges for History 324
Best Value Colleges for History 324

Popularity of History at CUA

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Catholic University of America handed out 26 bachelor's degrees in history. Due to this, the school was ranked #324 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 4% over the previous year when 25 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 3 students received their master’s degree in history from CUA. This makes it the #250 most popular school for history master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 3 students received their doctoral degrees in history in 2018, making the school the #99 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

CUA History Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Catholic University of America.

CUA History Bachelor’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 26 history majors earned their bachelor's degree from CUA. Of these graduates, 58% were men and 42% were women.

CUA Gender Breakdown of History Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at CUA are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 73% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Catholic University of America with a bachelor's in history.

Ethnic Diversity of History Majors at Catholic University of America
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 19
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

CUA History Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 3 students earned a master's degree in history from CUA. About 33% of these graduates were women and the other 67% were men.

CUA Gender Breakdown of History Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 100% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Catholic University of America with a master's in history.

Ethnic Diversity of History Majors at Catholic University of America
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for History

History students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
History 32

Majors Similar to History

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 137
Psychology 88
Education 37
Library Science 29
Communication & Journalism 23

View All History Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You