Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Philosophy & Religious Studies at Catholic University of America

Find Schools Near

Philosophy & Religious Studies at Catholic University of America

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how CUA ranks among other schools offering degrees in philosophy and religious studies.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Philosophy & Religious Studies Degrees Available at CUA

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy & Religious Studies
  • Master’s Degree in Philosophy & Religious Studies
  • Doctorate Degree in Philosophy & Religious Studies

CUA Philosophy & Religious Studies Rankings

The philosophy and religious studies major at CUA is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Philosophy & Religious Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Philosophy & Religious Studies 39
Most Popular Colleges for Philosophy & Religious Studies 39

Popularity of Philosophy & Religious Studies at CUA

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Catholic University of America handed out 49 bachelor's degrees in philosophy and religious studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #39 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 7% over the previous year when 46 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 14 students received their master’s degree in philosophy and religious studies from CUA. This makes it the #23 most popular school for philosophy and religious studies master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 10 students received their doctoral degrees in philosophy and religious studies in 2019, making the school the #13 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Philosophy & Religious Studies Student Diversity at CUA

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the philosophy and religious studies majors at Catholic University of America.

CUA Philosophy & Religious Studies Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 63% of philosophy and religious studies bachelor's degrees went to men and 37% went to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 59% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Catholic University of America with a bachelor's in philosophy and religious studies.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 29
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 10

CUA Philosophy & Religious Studies Master’s Program

The philosophy and religious studies program at CUA awarded 14 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 36% of these degrees went to men with the other 64% going to women.

undefined

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at CUA are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 71% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Catholic University of America with a master's in philosophy and religious studies.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 3

Philosophy & Religious Studies Majors

Philosophy and Religious Studies students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Philosophy 61
Religious Studies 12

Related Major Annual Graduates
Theology & Religious Vocations 134
Visual & Performing Arts 76
Foreign Languages & Linguistics 35
English Language & Literature 16
Liberal Arts / Sciences & Humanities 4

View All Philosophy & Religious Studies Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You