Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Sociology at Colby - Sawyer College

Find Schools Near

Sociology at Colby - Sawyer College

The Sociology major is part of the social sciences program at Colby - Sawyer College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Colby - Sawyer ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in sociology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Sociology Degrees Available at Colby - Sawyer

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology

Colby - Sawyer Sociology Rankings

The sociology major at Colby - Sawyer is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Sociology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Sociology 243
Most Popular Colleges for Sociology 668

Popularity of Sociology at Colby - Sawyer

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Colby - Sawyer College handed out 5 bachelor's degrees in sociology. Due to this, the school was ranked #668 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 38% over the previous year when 8 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Sociology Graduates from Colby - Sawyer Make?

Salary of Sociology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of sociology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Colby - Sawyer is $22,500. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $29,700 for all sociology students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Sociology Graduates from Colby - Sawyer Have?

Student Debt of Sociology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Colby - Sawyer, sociology students borrow a median amount of $27,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,466 for all sociology majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the sociology program at Colby - Sawyer is $280 per month.

Colby - Sawyer Sociology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the sociology majors at Colby - Sawyer College.

Colby - Sawyer Sociology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 5 students earned a bachelor's degree in sociology from Colby - Sawyer. About 80% of these graduates were women and the other 20% were men.

Colby - Sawyer Gender Breakdown of Sociology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Colby - Sawyer College with a bachelor's in sociology.

Ethnic Diversity of Sociology Majors at Colby - Sawyer College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Sociology

Sociology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Sociology 5

References

Find Schools Near You