Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Anthropology at CUNY Hunter College

Find Schools Near

Anthropology at CUNY Hunter College

The Anthropology major is part of the social sciences program at CUNY Hunter College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how Hunter ranks among other schools offering degrees in anthropology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Anthropology Degrees Available at Hunter

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Master’s Degree in Anthropology

Hunter Anthropology Rankings

The bachelor's program at Hunter was ranked #95 on College Factual's Best Schools for anthropology list. It is also ranked #10 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Anthropology 3
Best Anthropology Colleges for Veterans 35
Best Colleges for Anthropology 95

Popularity of Anthropology at Hunter

During the 2017-2018 academic year, CUNY Hunter College handed out 41 bachelor's degrees in anthropology. Due to this, the school was ranked #31 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 28% over the previous year when 57 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 22 students received their master’s degree in anthropology from Hunter. This makes it the #4 most popular school for anthropology master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Anthropology Graduates from Hunter Make?

Salary of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of anthropology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Hunter is $32,000. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $23,750 for all anthropology bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Anthropology Student Diversity at Hunter

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at CUNY Hunter College.

Hunter Anthropology Bachelor’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 41 anthropology majors earned their bachelor's degree from Hunter. Of these graduates, 12% were men and 88% were women.

Hunter Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 51% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from CUNY Hunter College with a bachelor's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at CUNY Hunter College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 21
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

Hunter Anthropology Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 22 students earned a master's degree in anthropology from Hunter. About 64% of these graduates were women and the other 36% were men.

Hunter Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Hunter are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 68% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from CUNY Hunter College with a master's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at CUNY Hunter College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 15
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Anthropology

Anthropology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Anthropology 63

Related Major Annual Graduates
Sociology 253
Economics 158
Political Science & Government 132
Urban Studies 76
Geography & Cartography 45

View All Anthropology Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You