Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Urban Studies at CUNY Hunter College

Find Schools Near

Urban Studies at CUNY Hunter College

Urban Studies is one of the majors in the social sciences program at CUNY Hunter College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how Hunter ranks in comparison to other schools with urban studies programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Urban Studies Degrees Available at Hunter

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Studies
  • Master’s Degree in Urban Studies

Hunter Urban Studies Rankings

The bachelor's program at Hunter was ranked #21 on College Factual's Best Schools for urban studies list. It is also ranked #7 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Urban Studies Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 16
Best Colleges for Urban Studies 21
Most Focused Colleges for Urban Studies 23

Popularity of Urban Studies at Hunter

During the 2017-2018 academic year, CUNY Hunter College handed out 16 bachelor's degrees in urban studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #16 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 33% over the previous year when 24 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 60 students received their master’s degree in urban studies from Hunter. This makes it the #1 most popular school for urban studies master’s degree candidates in the country.

Salary of Urban Studies Graduates with a Master's Degree

Graduates of the master's urban studies program at Hunter make a median salary of $55,000. This is a better than average outcome since the median salary for all urban studies graduates with a master's is $46,500.

undefined

Student Debt of Urban Studies Graduates with a Master's Degree

At Hunter, a typical urban studies student working on their master's degree borrrows about $35,400 in student loans. This means that these borrowers may have an easier time paying back their loans thatn the typical urban studies graduate who borrows a median amount of $41,000.

undefined

Those master's students from Hunter on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $412 per month.

Hunter Urban Studies Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the urban studies majors at CUNY Hunter College.

Hunter Urban Studies Bachelor’s Program

The urban studies program at Hunter awarded 16 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 56% of these degrees went to men with the other 44% going to women.

Hunter Gender Breakdown of Urban Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from CUNY Hunter College with a bachelor's in urban studies.

Ethnic Diversity of Urban Studies Majors at CUNY Hunter College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 3
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 0

Hunter Urban Studies Master’s Program

The urban studies program at Hunter awarded 60 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 48% of these degrees went to men with the other 52% going to women.

Hunter Gender Breakdown of Urban Studies Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Hunter are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 65% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from CUNY Hunter College with a master's in urban studies.

Ethnic Diversity of Urban Studies Majors at CUNY Hunter College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 39
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 3

Areas of Concentration for Urban Studies

Urban Studies students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Urban Studies/Affairs 76

Related Major Annual Graduates
Sociology 253
Economics 158
Political Science & Government 132
Anthropology 63
Geography & Cartography 45

View All Urban Studies Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You