Visual & Performing Arts at CUNY Hunter College
Jump to any of the following sections:
Visual & Performing Arts Degrees Available at Hunter
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual & Performing Arts
- Master’s Degree in Visual & Performing Arts
Hunter Visual & Performing Arts Rankings
|Most Popular Colleges for Visual & Performing Arts||89|
|Best Visual & Performing Arts Colleges for Non-Traditional Students||173|
|Best Colleges for Visual & Performing Arts||174|
Popularity of Visual & Performing Arts at Hunter
During the 2017-2018 academic year, CUNY Hunter College handed out 204 bachelor's degrees in visual and performing arts. Due to this, the school was ranked #89 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 11% over the previous year when 228 degrees were handed out.
In 2018, 91 students received their master’s degree in visual and performing arts from Hunter. This makes it the #45 most popular school for visual and performing arts master’s degree candidates in the country.
Visual & Performing Arts Student Diversity at Hunter
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the visual and performing arts majors at CUNY Hunter College.
Hunter Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Program
The visual and performing arts program at Hunter awarded 204 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 28% of these degrees went to men with the other 72% going to women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from CUNY Hunter College with a bachelor's in visual and performing arts.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||17|
|Hispanic or Latino||72|
Hunter Visual & Performing Arts Master’s Program
During the 2017-2018 academic year, 91 visual and performing arts majors earned their master's degree from Hunter. Of these graduates, 43% were men and 57% were women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 57% of 2018 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from CUNY Hunter College with a master's in visual and performing arts.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||3|
|Hispanic or Latino||14|
Areas of Concentration for Visual & Performing Arts
Visual and Performing Arts students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
|Fine & Studio Arts||165|
|Film, Video & Photographic Arts||42|
|Drama & Theater Arts||36|
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|English Language & Literature||294|
|Foreign Languages & Linguistics||87|
|Philosophy & Religious Studies||44|
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|