Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Dartmouth College

Find Schools Near

History at Dartmouth College

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Dartmouth ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in history.

Jump to any of the following sections:

History Degrees Available at Dartmouth

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History

Dartmouth History Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for history majors, Dartmouth came in at #10. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in New Hampshire.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid History Graduates 5
Best Colleges for History 10
Best History Colleges for Veterans 42
Most Focused Colleges for History 74
Most Popular Colleges for History 123
Best Value Colleges for History 129

Popularity of History at Dartmouth

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Dartmouth College handed out 54 bachelor's degrees in history. Due to this, the school was ranked #123 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 13% over the previous year when 62 degrees were handed out.

History Student Diversity at Dartmouth

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Dartmouth College.

Dartmouth History Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 54 students earned a bachelor's degree in history from Dartmouth. About 39% of these graduates were women and the other 61% were men.

Dartmouth Gender Breakdown of History Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 70% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Dartmouth College with a bachelor's in history.

Ethnic Diversity of History Majors at Dartmouth College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 38
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 6

History Majors

History students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
History 54

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 440
Psychology 61
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 56

View All History Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You