Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Liberal Arts General Studies at DePaul University

Find Schools Near

Liberal Arts General Studies at DePaul University

Liberal Arts General Studies is one of the majors in the liberal arts / sciences & humanities program at DePaul University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how DePaul ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in liberal arts.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Liberal Arts General Studies Degrees Available at DePaul

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts
  • Master’s Degree in Liberal Arts

DePaul Liberal Arts Rankings

Ranked at #2 in College Factual's most recent rankings, DePaul is in the top 1% of the country for liberal arts students pursuing a bachelor's degree. It is also ranked #1 in Illinois.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Online Liberal Arts General Studies Schools 1
Highest Paid Liberal Arts General Studies Graduates 1
Most Focused Colleges for Liberal Arts General Studies 1,178

Popularity of Liberal Arts at DePaul

During the 2018-2019 academic year, DePaul University handed out 280 bachelor's degrees in liberal arts general studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #434 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 7% over the previous year when 302 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 31 students received their master’s degree in liberal arts from DePaul. This makes it the #14 most popular school for liberal arts master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Liberal Arts Graduates from DePaul Make?

Salary of Liberal Arts Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Liberal Arts majors who earn their bachelor's degree from DePaul go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $57,600 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $30,200 for all liberal arts bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Liberal Arts Graduates from DePaul Have?

Student Debt of Liberal Arts Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at DePaul, liberal arts students borrow a median amount of $33,332 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,644 for all liberal arts majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the liberal arts program at DePaul is $346 per month.

Student Debt of Liberal Arts Graduates with a Master's Degree

At DePaul, a typical liberal arts student working on their master's degree borrrows about $54,104 in student loans. This is not favorable since the median amount of student debt for all liberal arts master's graduates is $45,125.

undefined

Those master's students from DePaul on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $630 per month.

Liberal Arts Student Diversity at DePaul

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the liberal arts majors at DePaul University.

DePaul Liberal Arts General Studies Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 48% of liberal arts bachelor's degrees went to men and 52% went to women.

DePaul Gender Breakdown of Liberal Arts General Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from DePaul University with a bachelor's in liberal arts.

Ethnic Diversity of Liberal Arts General Studies Majors at DePaul University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 63
Hispanic or Latino 48
White 109
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 48

DePaul Liberal Arts General Studies Master’s Program

The liberal arts program at DePaul awarded 31 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 16% of these degrees went to men with the other 84% going to women.

DePaul Gender Breakdown of Liberal Arts General Studies Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the master's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 52% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from DePaul University with a master's in liberal arts.

Ethnic Diversity of Liberal Arts General Studies Majors at DePaul University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 16
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 4

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You