Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at Drake University

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at Drake University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how Drake ranks in comparison to other schools with communication and journalism programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at Drake

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism
  • Master’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

Drake Communication & Journalism Rankings

Drake is in the top 10% of the country for communication and journalism. More specifically it was ranked #36 out of 585 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #1 in Iowa.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Communication & Journalism Graduates 34
Best Colleges for Communication & Journalism 36
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Veterans 47
Most Focused Colleges for Communication & Journalism 97
Best Value Colleges for Communication & Journalism 99
Most Popular Colleges for Communication & Journalism 306

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at Drake

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Drake University handed out 87 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #306 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 18% over the previous year when 106 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 21 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from Drake. This makes it the #114 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.

Communication & Journalism Student Diversity at Drake

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Drake University.

Drake Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 87 students earned a bachelor's degree in communication and journalism from Drake. About 80% of these graduates were women and the other 20% were men.

Drake Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 84% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Drake University with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Drake University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 73
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 5

Drake Communication & Journalism Master’s Program

Of the 21 students who earned a master's degree in Communication & Journalism from Drake in 2018-2019, 29% were men and 71% were women.

Drake Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 86% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Drake University with a master's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Drake University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 18
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Communication & Journalism Majors

Communication and Journalism students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Public Relations & Advertising 49
Journalism 37
Communication & Media Studies 21
Radio, Television & Digital Communication 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 283
Social Sciences 67
Psychology 41
History 9

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You