Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Communication & Journalism at Duquesne University

Find Schools Near

Communication & Journalism at Duquesne University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how Duquesne ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in communication and journalism.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Communication & Journalism Degrees Available at Duquesne

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Communication & Journalism
  • Master’s Degree in Communication & Journalism

Duquesne Communication & Journalism Rankings

Duquesne was ranked #64 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for communication and journalism majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #5 in Pennsylvania.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 37
Best Colleges for Communication & Journalism 64
Best Communication & Journalism Colleges for Veterans 73
Best Value Colleges for Communication & Journalism 104
Highest Paid Communication & Journalism Graduates 301
Most Popular Colleges for Communication & Journalism 329
Most Focused Colleges for Communication & Journalism 448

Popularity of Communication & Journalism at Duquesne

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Duquesne University handed out 80 bachelor's degrees in communication and journalism. Due to this, the school was ranked #329 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 7% over the previous year when 86 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 12 students received their master’s degree in communication and journalism from Duquesne. This makes it the #182 most popular school for communication and journalism master’s degree candidates in the country.

Communication & Journalism Student Diversity at Duquesne

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communication and journalism majors at Duquesne University.

Duquesne Communication & Journalism Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 24% of communication and journalism bachelor's degrees went to men and 76% went to women.

Duquesne Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Duquesne are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 74% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Duquesne University with a bachelor's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Duquesne University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 59
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 5

Duquesne Communication & Journalism Master’s Program

The communication and journalism program at Duquesne awarded 12 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 33% of these degrees went to men with the other 67% going to women.

Duquesne Gender Breakdown of Communication & Journalism Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 58% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Duquesne University with a master's in communication and journalism.

Ethnic Diversity of Communication & Journalism Majors at Duquesne University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 7
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 0

Communication & Journalism Majors

Communication and Journalism students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Public Relations & Advertising 55
Communication & Media Studies 24
Journalism 13

Related Major Annual Graduates
Education 208
Psychology 115
Social Sciences 88
History 45
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 1

View All Communication & Journalism Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You