Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Visual & Performing Arts at Duquesne University

Find Schools Near

Visual & Performing Arts at Duquesne University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how Duquesne ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in visual and performing arts.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Visual & Performing Arts Degrees Available at Duquesne

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Visual & Performing Arts
  • Master’s Degree in Visual & Performing Arts

Duquesne Visual & Performing Arts Rankings

The bachelor's program at Duquesne was ranked #180 on College Factual's Best Schools for visual and performing arts list. It is also ranked #11 in Pennsylvania.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Visual & Performing Arts Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 114
Best Colleges for Visual & Performing Arts 180
Best Value Colleges for Visual & Performing Arts 190
Best Visual & Performing Arts Colleges for Veterans 238
Highest Paid Visual & Performing Arts Graduates 469
Most Popular Colleges for Visual & Performing Arts 743
Most Focused Colleges for Visual & Performing Arts 1,228

Popularity of Visual & Performing Arts at Duquesne

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Duquesne University handed out 37 bachelor's degrees in visual and performing arts. Due to this, the school was ranked #743 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 16% over the previous year when 32 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 23 students received their master’s degree in visual and performing arts from Duquesne. This makes it the #186 most popular school for visual and performing arts master’s degree candidates in the country.

Visual & Performing Arts Student Diversity at Duquesne

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the visual and performing arts majors at Duquesne University.

Duquesne Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Program

The visual and performing arts program at Duquesne awarded 37 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 49% of these degrees went to men with the other 51% going to women.

Duquesne Gender Breakdown of Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Duquesne are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 78% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Duquesne University with a bachelor's in visual and performing arts.

Ethnic Diversity of Visual & Performing Arts Majors at Duquesne University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 29
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 2

Duquesne Visual & Performing Arts Master’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 23 visual and performing arts majors earned their master's degree from Duquesne. Of these graduates, 65% were men and 35% were women.

Duquesne Gender Breakdown of Visual & Performing Arts Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Duquesne are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 57% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Duquesne University with a master's in visual and performing arts.

Ethnic Diversity of Visual & Performing Arts Majors at Duquesne University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 13
Non-Resident Aliens 7
Other Races 0

Visual & Performing Arts Majors

Visual and Performing Arts students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Music 57
Drama & Theater Arts 3

Related Major Annual Graduates
English Language & Literature 52
Philosophy & Religious Studies 23
Theology & Religious Vocations 16
Foreign Languages & Linguistics 4
Liberal Arts / Sciences & Humanities 1

View All Visual & Performing Arts Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You