Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Criminal Justice & Corrections at East Carolina University

Find Schools Near

Criminal Justice & Corrections at East Carolina University

Criminal Justice & Corrections is one of the majors in the homeland security, law enforcement & firefighting program at East Carolina University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how ECU ranks in comparison to other schools with criminal justice programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Criminal Justice & Corrections Degrees Available at ECU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice
  • Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice

ECU Criminal Justice Rankings

The bachelor's program at ECU was ranked #96 on College Factual's Best Schools for criminal justice list. It is also ranked #2 in North Carolina.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 77
Best Value Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 93
Highest Paid Criminal Justice & Corrections Graduates 269

Popularity of Criminal Justice at ECU

During the 2017-2018 academic year, East Carolina University handed out 203 bachelor's degrees in criminal justice and corrections. Due to this, the school was ranked #77 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 15% over the previous year when 177 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 26 students received their master’s degree in criminal justice from ECU. This makes it the #77 most popular school for criminal justice master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Criminal Justice Graduates from ECU Make?

Salary of Criminal Justice Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Criminal Justice majors who earn their bachelor's degree from ECU go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $32,900 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $32,500 for all criminal justice bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Criminal Justice Graduates from ECU Have?

Student Debt of Criminal Justice Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at ECU, criminal justice students borrow a median amount of $22,250 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all criminal justice bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $26,000.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the criminal justice program at ECU is $231 per month.

ECU Criminal Justice Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the criminal justice majors at East Carolina University.

ECU Criminal Justice & Corrections Bachelor’s Program

Of the 203 criminal justice students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2017-2018 from ECU, about 53% were men and 47% were women.

ECU Gender Breakdown of Criminal Justice & Corrections Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at ECU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 61% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from East Carolina University with a bachelor's in criminal justice.

Ethnic Diversity of Criminal Justice & Corrections Majors at East Carolina University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 42
Hispanic or Latino 19
White 124
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 14

ECU Criminal Justice & Corrections Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 26 students earned a master's degree in criminal justice from ECU. About 46% of these graduates were women and the other 54% were men.

ECU Gender Breakdown of Criminal Justice & Corrections Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 69% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from East Carolina University with a master's in criminal justice.

Ethnic Diversity of Criminal Justice & Corrections Majors at East Carolina University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 18
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Criminal Justice

Criminal Justice and Corrections students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Criminal Justice Studies 229
Criminal Justice 19

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You