Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Philosophy at Emory University

Find Schools Near

Philosophy at Emory University

The Philosophy major is part of the philosophy & religious studies program at Emory University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. Also, learn how Emory ranks among other schools offering degrees in philosophy.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Philosophy Degrees Available at Emory

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy
  • Master’s Degree in Philosophy
  • Doctorate Degree in Philosophy

Emory Philosophy Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for philosophy majors, Emory came in at #11. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Georgia.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Colleges for Philosophy 14
Most Focused Colleges for Philosophy 64
Highest Paid Philosophy Graduates 117

Popularity of Philosophy at Emory

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Emory University handed out 45 bachelor's degrees in philosophy. Due to this, the school was ranked #14 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 4% over the previous year when 47 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 7 students received their master’s degree in philosophy from Emory. This makes it the #25 most popular school for philosophy master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 4 students received their doctoral degrees in philosophy in 2018, making the school the #45 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Student Debt Do Philosophy Graduates from Emory Have?

Student Debt of Philosophy Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Emory, philosophy students borrow a median amount of $19,010 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all philosophy bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $21,754.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the philosophy program at Emory is $197 per month.

Philosophy Student Diversity at Emory

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the philosophy majors at Emory University.

Emory Philosophy Bachelor’s Program

The philosophy program at Emory awarded 45 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 56% of these degrees went to men with the other 44% going to women.

Emory Gender Breakdown of Philosophy Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 51% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Emory University with a bachelor's in philosophy.

Ethnic Diversity of Philosophy Majors at Emory University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 23
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 1

Emory Philosophy Master’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 7 philosophy majors earned their master's degree from Emory. Of these graduates, 71% were men and 29% were women.

Emory Gender Breakdown of Philosophy Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Emory University with a master's in philosophy.

Ethnic Diversity of Philosophy Majors at Emory University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 3
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Philosophy

Philosophy students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Philosophy 56

Majors Similar to Philosophy

Related Major Annual Graduates
Religious Studies 31

View All Philosophy Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You