Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Anthropology at Emory University

Find Schools Near

Anthropology at Emory University

Anthropology is one of the majors in the social sciences program at Emory University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Emory ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in anthropology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Anthropology Degrees Available at Emory

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Master’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Doctorate Degree in Anthropology

Emory Anthropology Rankings

Emory is in the top 10% of the country for anthropology. More specifically it was ranked #16 out of 260 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #1 in Georgia.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Colleges for Anthropology 16
Highest Paid Anthropology Graduates 95

Popularity of Anthropology at Emory

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Emory University handed out 60 bachelor's degrees in anthropology. Due to this, the school was ranked #37 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 13% over the previous year when 53 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 5 students received their master’s degree in anthropology from Emory. This makes it the #89 most popular school for anthropology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 6 students received their doctoral degrees in anthropology in 2018, making the school the #37 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Anthropology Graduates from Emory Make?

Salary of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Anthropology majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Emory go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $17,100 a year. This is less than $23,750, which is the national median of all anthropology majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Anthropology Graduates from Emory Have?

Student Debt of Anthropology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Emory, anthropology students borrow a median amount of $21,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all anthropology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,752.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the anthropology program at Emory is $218 per month.

Anthropology Student Diversity at Emory

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at Emory University.

Emory Anthropology Bachelor’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 60 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in anthropology from Emory. About 27% were men and 73% were women.

Emory Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Emory University with a bachelor's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at Emory University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 16
Black or African American 16
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 18
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 1

Emory Anthropology Master’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 5 students earned a master's degree in anthropology from Emory. About 80% of these graduates were women and the other 20% were men.

Emory Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Emory University with a master's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at Emory University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Areas of Concentration for Anthropology

Anthropology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Anthropology 71

Majors Similar to Anthropology

Related Major Annual Graduates
Economics 167
Political Science & Government 99
Sociology 58
International Relations & National Security 53
General Social Sciences 4

View All Anthropology Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You