Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at Fairmont State University

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at Fairmont State University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Fairmont State ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in computer and information sciences.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available at Fairmont State

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

Fairmont State Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at Fairmont State was ranked #595 on College Factual's Best Schools for computer and information sciences list. It is also ranked #4 in West Virginia.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 346
Best Computer & Information Sciences Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 501
Best Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 595
Most Popular Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 656
Most Focused Colleges for Computer & Information Sciences 700
Highest Paid Computer & Information Sciences Graduates 739

Popularity of Computer & Information Sciences at Fairmont State

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Fairmont State University handed out 32 bachelor's degrees in computer and information sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #656 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 33% over the previous year when 24 degrees were handed out.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Diversity at Fairmont State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Fairmont State University.

Fairmont State Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor’s Program

The computer and information sciences program at Fairmont State awarded 32 bachelor's degrees in 2017-2018. About 81% of these degrees went to men with the other 19% going to women.

Fairmont State Gender Breakdown of Computer & Information Sciences Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Fairmont State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 78% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Fairmont State University with a bachelor's in computer and information sciences.

Ethnic Diversity of Computer & Information Sciences Majors at Fairmont State University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 25
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 4

Areas of Concentration for Computer & Information Sciences

Computer and Information Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Information Science 23
Computer Information Systems 9

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering Technologies 113
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 16
Communications Technologies & Support 14
Mathematics & Statistics 6
Physical Sciences 4

View All Computer & Information Sciences Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You