Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Marketing at Florida International University

Find Schools Near

Marketing at Florida International University

The Marketing major is part of the business, management & marketing program at Florida International University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how FIU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in marketing.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Marketing Degrees Available at FIU

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
  • Master’s Degree in Marketing

FIU Marketing Rankings

The bachelor's program at FIU was ranked #99 on College Factual's Best Schools for marketing list. It is also ranked #5 in Florida.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Marketing Schools 1
Most Popular Colleges for Marketing 1
Best Online Marketing Schools 5
Best Marketing Colleges for Veterans 17
Best Marketing Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 23
Best Value Colleges for Marketing 37
Best Colleges for Marketing 99
Most Focused Colleges for Marketing 201
Highest Paid Marketing Graduates 284

Popularity of Marketing at FIU

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Florida International University handed out 543 bachelor's degrees in marketing. Due to this, the school was ranked #1 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 31% over the previous year when 413 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 120 students received their master’s degree in marketing from FIU. This makes it the #3 most popular school for marketing master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Marketing Graduates from FIU Make?

Salary of Marketing Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Marketing majors who earn their bachelor's degree from FIU go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $36,300 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $40,000 for all marketing students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Marketing Graduates from FIU Have?

Student Debt of Marketing Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at FIU, marketing students borrow a median amount of $14,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all marketing bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,552.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the marketing program at FIU is $150 per month.

Student Debt of Marketing Graduates with a Master's Degree

At FIU, a typical marketing student working on their master's degree borrrows about $30,750 in student loans. This means that these borrowers may have an easier time paying back their loans thatn the typical marketing graduate who borrows a median amount of $40,336.

undefined

Those master's students from FIU on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $358 per month.

FIU Marketing Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the marketing majors at Florida International University.

FIU Marketing Bachelor’s Program

The marketing program at FIU awarded 543 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 40% of these degrees went to men with the other 60% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 66% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Florida International University with a bachelor's in marketing.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 41
Hispanic or Latino 359
White 57
Non-Resident Aliens 55
Other Races 24

FIU Marketing Master’s Program

Of the 120 students who graduated with a Master’s in marketing from FIU in 2019, 24% were men and 76% were women.

undefined

The majority of the master's degree graduates for this major are Hispanic or Latino. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 68% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Florida International University with a master's in marketing.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 81
White 9
Non-Resident Aliens 15
Other Races 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Business Administration & Management 1,094
Hospitality Management 801
Finance & Financial Management 648
International Business 596
Accounting 372

View All Marketing Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You