Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Science at Georgia Southern University

Find Schools Near

Information Science at Georgia Southern University

Information Science is one of the majors in the computer & information sciences program at Georgia Southern University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how GaSou ranks in comparison to other schools with IS programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Information Science Degrees Available at GaSou

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IS

GaSou IS Rankings

The bachelor's program at GaSou was ranked #48 on College Factual's Best Schools for IS list. It is also ranked #1 in Georgia.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Information Science Schools 6
Best Value Colleges for Information Science 22
Best Information Science Colleges for Veterans 38
Best Colleges for Information Science 48
Highest Paid Information Science Graduates 66
Most Focused Colleges for Information Science 86

Popularity of IS at GaSou

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Georgia Southern University handed out 121 bachelor's degrees in information science. Due to this, the school was ranked #16 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 7% over the previous year when 113 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do IS Graduates from GaSou Make?

Salary of IS Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of IS students who receive their bachelor's degree at GaSou is $50,900. This is less than $56,900, which is the national median of all IS majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do IS Graduates from GaSou Have?

Student Debt of IS Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at GaSou, IS students borrow a median amount of $27,490 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $26,000 for all IS majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the IS program at GaSou is $285 per month.

GaSou IS Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IS majors at Georgia Southern University.

GaSou Information Science Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 121 students earned a bachelor's degree in IS from GaSou. About 19% of these graduates were women and the other 81% were men.

GaSou Gender Breakdown of Information Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at GaSou are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 54% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Georgia Southern University with a bachelor's in IS.

Ethnic Diversity of Information Science Majors at Georgia Southern University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 37
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 65
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 1

Majors Similar to IS

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer Information Systems 94
Computer Science 4

View All Information Science Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You