Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Gettysburg College

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Gettysburg College

General Biology is one of the majors in the biological & biomedical sciences program at Gettysburg College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how Gettysburg ranks among other schools offering degrees in biology.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at Gettysburg

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology

Gettysburg Biology Rankings

The bachelor's program at Gettysburg was ranked #156 on College Factual's Best Schools for biology list. It is also ranked #15 in Pennsylvania.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid General Biology Graduates 119
Best Colleges for General Biology 156
Best Value Colleges for General Biology 429
Most Focused Colleges for General Biology 544
Most Popular Colleges for General Biology 628

Popularity of Biology at Gettysburg

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Gettysburg College handed out 29 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #628 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 17% over the previous year when 35 degrees were handed out.

How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from Gettysburg Have?

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Gettysburg, biology students borrow a median amount of $21,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all biology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,715.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at Gettysburg is $218 per month.

Biology Student Diversity at Gettysburg

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Gettysburg College.

Gettysburg General Biology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 29 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from Gettysburg. About 59% of these graduates were women and the other 41% were men.

Gettysburg Gender Breakdown of General Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 69% of 2018 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Gettysburg College with a bachelor's in biology.

Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at Gettysburg College
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 20
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

Areas of Concentration for Biology

General Biology students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Biology Studies 29

Related Major Annual Graduates
Physiology & Pathology Sciences 55
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 14

View All General Biology Related Majors >

References

Find Schools Near You