Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies at Harvard University

Find Schools Near

Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies at Harvard University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Harvard ranks in comparison to other schools with area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Degrees Available at Harvard

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies
  • Master’s Degree in Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies
  • Doctorate Degree in Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies

Harvard Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Rankings

Ranked at #2 in College Factual's most recent rankings, Harvard is in the top 1% of the country for area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies students pursuing a bachelor's degree. It is also ranked #1 in Massachusetts.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Colleges for Veterans 2
Highest Paid Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Graduates 2
Best Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 2
Most Focused Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 27
Best Value Colleges for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 61

Popularity of Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies at Harvard

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Harvard University handed out 107 bachelor's degrees in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #10 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 16% over the previous year when 128 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 56 students received their master’s degree in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies from Harvard. This makes it the #2 most popular school for area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 28 students received their doctoral degrees in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies in 2018, making the school the #2 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Student Diversity at Harvard

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies majors at Harvard University.

Harvard Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Bachelor’s Program

In the 2017-2018 academic year, 107 students earned a bachelor's degree in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies from Harvard. About 64% of these graduates were women and the other 36% were men.

Harvard Gender Breakdown of Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Harvard University with a bachelor's in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies.

Ethnic Diversity of Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Majors at Harvard University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 11
Black or African American 17
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 44
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 15

Harvard Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Master’s Program

The area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies program at Harvard awarded 56 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 50% of these degrees went to men with the other 50% going to women.

Harvard Gender Breakdown of Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Harvard University with a master's in area, ethnic, culture, and gender studies.

Ethnic Diversity of Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Majors at Harvard University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 19
Non-Resident Aliens 29
Other Races 2

Areas of Concentration for Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies

Area, Ethnic, Culture, and Gender Studies students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Area Studies 115
Ethnic Studies 76

Majors Similar to Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 1,002
Education 763
History 225
Psychology 191
Communication & Journalism 23

View All Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You