Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Psychology at Harvard University

Find Schools Near

Psychology at Harvard University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how Harvard ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in psychology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Psychology Degrees Available at Harvard

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
  • Master’s Degree in Psychology
  • Doctorate Degree in Psychology

Harvard Psychology Rankings

The psychology major at Harvard is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Psychology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Psychology Graduates 1
Most Popular Colleges for Psychology 230
Most Focused Colleges for Psychology 935

Popularity of Psychology at Harvard

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Harvard University handed out 157 bachelor's degrees in psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #230 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 2% over the previous year when 154 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 45 students received their master’s degree in psychology from Harvard. This makes it the #157 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 23 students received their doctoral degrees in psychology in 2019, making the school the #76 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Harvard Psychology Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Harvard University.

Harvard Psychology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 157 students earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from Harvard. About 69% of these graduates were women and the other 31% were men.

Harvard Gender Breakdown of Psychology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 51% of 2019 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Harvard University with a bachelor's in psychology.

Ethnic Diversity of Psychology Majors at Harvard University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 25
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 24
White 80
Non-Resident Aliens 9
Other Races 13

Harvard Psychology Master’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 45 psychology majors earned their master's degree from Harvard. Of these graduates, 29% were men and 71% were women.

Harvard Gender Breakdown of Psychology Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Harvard are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 53% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Harvard University with a master's in psychology.

Ethnic Diversity of Psychology Majors at Harvard University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 24
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 2

Psychology Majors

Psychology students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Child Development & Psychology 124
General Psychology 97
Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology 4

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 1,004
Education 790
History 245
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 223
Communication & Journalism 27

View All Psychology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You