Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Anthropology at Harvard University

Find Schools Near

Anthropology at Harvard University

Anthropology is one of the majors in the social sciences program at Harvard University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. Also, learn how Harvard ranks among other schools offering degrees in anthropology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Anthropology Degrees Available at Harvard

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Master’s Degree in Anthropology
  • Doctorate Degree in Anthropology

Harvard Anthropology Rankings

The anthropology major at Harvard is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Anthropology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Highest Paid Anthropology Graduates 2
Most Popular Colleges for Anthropology 121

Popularity of Anthropology at Harvard

During the 2018-2019 academic year, Harvard University handed out 25 bachelor's degrees in anthropology. Due to this, the school was ranked #121 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 22% over the previous year when 32 degrees were handed out.

In 2019, 16 students received their master’s degree in anthropology from Harvard. This makes it the #7 most popular school for anthropology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 5 students received their doctoral degrees in anthropology in 2019, making the school the #42 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Anthropology Student Diversity at Harvard

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at Harvard University.

Harvard Anthropology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2018-2019 academic year, 25 students earned a bachelor's degree in anthropology from Harvard. About 64% of these graduates were women and the other 36% were men.

Harvard Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Harvard University with a bachelor's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at Harvard University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 3

Harvard Anthropology Master’s Program

During the 2018-2019 academic year, 16 anthropology majors earned their master's degree from Harvard. Of these graduates, 44% were men and 56% were women.

Harvard Gender Breakdown of Anthropology Master's Degree Grads

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Harvard are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 62% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Harvard University with a master's in anthropology.

Ethnic Diversity of Anthropology Majors at Harvard University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Economics 382
Political Science & Government 256
General Social Sciences 178
Sociology 70
International Relations & National Security 63

View All Anthropology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You