Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Howard University

Find Schools Near

Education at Howard University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how Howard ranks in comparison to other schools with education programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Education Degrees Available at Howard

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education
  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

Howard Education Rankings

The education major at Howard is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Education. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Education 1,299

Popularity of Education at Howard

During the 2017-2018 academic year, Howard University handed out 7 bachelor's degrees in education. Due to this, the school was ranked #1127 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 22% over the previous year when 9 degrees were handed out.

In 2018, 17 students received their master’s degree in education from Howard. This makes it the #925 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 9 students received their doctoral degrees in education in 2018, making the school the #335 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Diversity at Howard

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Howard University.

Howard Education Bachelor’s Program

During the 2017-2018 academic year, 7 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in education from Howard. About 29% were men and 71% were women.

Howard Gender Breakdown of Education Bachelor's Degree Grads

The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 86% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Howard University with a bachelor's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Howard University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Howard Education Master’s Program

The education program at Howard awarded 17 master's degrees in 2017-2018. About 29% of these degrees went to men with the other 71% going to women.

Howard Gender Breakdown of Education Master's Degree Grads

The majority of the master's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 65% of grads fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Howard University with a master's in education.

Ethnic Diversity of Education Majors at Howard University
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 0

Areas of Concentration for Education

Education students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.

Concentration Annual Graduates
Educational Administration 19
Teacher Education Grade Specific 12
General Education 3
Special Education 2

Majors Similar to Education

Related Major Annual Graduates
Communication & Journalism 197
Social Sciences 154
Psychology 125
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 21
Family, Consumer & Human Sciences 13

View All Education Related Majors >

References

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You