Family, Consumer & Human Sciences at Howard University
Jump to any of the following sections:
Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Degrees Available at Howard
- Bachelor’s Degree in Family, Consumer & Human Sciences
Howard Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Rankings
The bachelor's program at Howard was ranked #78 on College Factual's Best Schools for family, consumer and human sciences list. It is also ranked #1 in District of Columbia.
Popularity of Family, Consumer & Human Sciences at Howard
During the 2017-2018 academic year, Howard University handed out 13 bachelor's degrees in family, consumer and human sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #236 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 24% over the previous year when 17 degrees were handed out.
Howard Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the family, consumer and human sciences majors at Howard University.
Howard Family, Consumer & Human Sciences Bachelor’s Program
In the 2017-2018 academic year, 13 students earned a bachelor's degree in family, consumer and human sciences from Howard. About 85% of these graduates were women and the other 15% were men.
The majority of the bachelor's degree graduates for this major are black or African Americans. About 92% of grads fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Howard University with a bachelor's in family, consumer and human sciences.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||12|
|Hispanic or Latino||0|
Areas of Concentration for Family, Consumer & Human Sciences
Family, Consumer and Human Sciences students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
|Human Development & Family Studies||13|
Most Popular Majors Related to Family, Consumer & Human Sciences
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Communication & Journalism||197|
|Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies||21|
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|