General Architecture at Illinois Institute of Technologyarchitecture & related services program at Illinois Institute of Technology.
We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Illinois Tech ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in architecture.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
General Architecture Degrees Available at Illinois Tech
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Doctorate Degree in Architecture
Illinois Tech Architecture Rankings
In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for architecture majors, Illinois Tech came in at #2. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Illinois.
Popularity of Architecture at Illinois Tech
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Illinois Institute of Technology handed out 55 bachelor's degrees in general architecture. Due to this, the school was ranked #32 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 28% over the previous year when 76 degrees were handed out.
In 2019, 37 students received their master’s degree in architecture from Illinois Tech. This makes it the #19 most popular school for architecture master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 4 students received their doctoral degrees in architecture in 2019, making the school the #13 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do Architecture Graduates from Illinois Tech Make?
Salary of Architecture Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
Architecture majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Illinois Tech go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $46,900 a year. This is higher than $45,050, which is the national median for all architecture bachelor's degree recipients.
Salary of Architecture Graduates with a Master's Degree
Architecture majors graduating with a master's degree from Illinois Tech make a median salary of $51,300 a year. This is a better than average outcome since the median salary for all architecture graduates with a master's is $50,950.
How Much Student Debt Do Architecture Graduates from Illinois Tech Have?
Student Debt of Architecture Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Illinois Tech, architecture students borrow a median amount of $31,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $26,678 for all architecture majors across the country.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the architecture program at Illinois Tech is $322 per month.
Student Debt of Architecture Graduates with a Master's Degree
At Illinois Tech, a typical architecture student working on their master's degree borrrows about $117,089 in student loans. This is not favorable since the median amount of student debt for all architecture master's graduates is $49,049.
Those master's students from Illinois Tech on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $1,364 per month.
Illinois Tech Architecture Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the architecture majors at Illinois Institute of Technology.
Illinois Tech General Architecture Bachelor’s Program
Of the 55 students who graduated with a Bachelor’s in architecture from Illinois Tech in 2019, 62% were men and 38% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Illinois Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in architecture.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||9|
Illinois Tech General Architecture Master’s Program
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 37 students earned a master's degree in architecture from Illinois Tech. About 38% of these graduates were women and the other 62% were men.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Illinois Institute of Technology with a master's in architecture.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||2|
Most Popular Majors Related to Architecture
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
More about our data sources and methodologies.