Engineering at Illinois Institute of Technology
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Engineering Degrees Available at Illinois Tech
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Doctorate Degree in Engineering
Illinois Tech Engineering Rankings
Popularity of Engineering at Illinois Tech
During the 2017-2018 academic year, Illinois Institute of Technology handed out 284 bachelor's degrees in engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #124 out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 12% over the previous year when 322 degrees were handed out.
In 2018, 412 students received their master’s degree in engineering from Illinois Tech. This makes it the #34 most popular school for engineering master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 46 students received their doctoral degrees in engineering in 2018, making the school the #80 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
Illinois Tech Engineering Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the engineering majors at Illinois Institute of Technology.
Illinois Tech Engineering Bachelor’s Program
During the 2017-2018 academic year, 284 engineering majors earned their bachelor's degree from Illinois Tech. Of these graduates, 81% were men and 19% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Illinois Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in engineering.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||17|
|Hispanic or Latino||40|
Illinois Tech Engineering Master’s Program
In the 2017-2018 academic year, 412 students earned a master's degree in engineering from Illinois Tech. About 22% of these graduates were women and the other 78% were men.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Illinois Institute of Technology with a master's in engineering.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||6|
|Hispanic or Latino||6|
Areas of Concentration for Engineering
Engineering students may decide to concentrate in one of the following focus areas. Individual focus areas may not be available for all degree levels.
|Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering||21|
Most Popular Majors Related to Engineering
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Computer & Information Sciences||700|
|Architecture & Related Services||118|
|Agriculture & Agriculture Operations||52|
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Purdue University Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that’s tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from the prestigious Purdue University system—completely online. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Grand Canyon University (GCU) With a spotlight on intellectual creativity and innovation for the 21stcentury, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education. It blends the study of traditional humanities in a modern context. Through academic inquiry and beyond the box thinking, the college advances our society and its accomplishments. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Northcentral University Northcentral University (NCU) was founded to provide accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. As a regionally accredited, online university, NCU serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Master's degree programs in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, Psychology, and Marriage and Family Sciences. Learn More >|
|Request Info||Colorado Technical University (CTU) CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. Learn More >|